Monday 13 July 2015

Meal Planning Monday

I apologise for the tardiness of this post but I had a migraine this morning and spent all moring in bed. I had a fab week last week, two days in Paris and then on Friday evening my Mum came and we had a very foodie weekend. After a rather protracted session at the Genius Bar we went to Yo Sushi for lunch and tried a variety of their dishes, for pudding we had their Japple Pie. You get a syringe of caramel sauce to squirt over the black sesame ice cream as my Mum is demonstrating below.

I want to write a full post on our weekend activities so I'll just give a brief overview. On Saturday afternoon we went on a Chocolate tour of Soho and Piccadilly. On Saturday evening we had rack of lamb with a parmesan/breadcrumb crust, accompanied by all veggies from the garden. Courgettes, beans and potatoes all home grown and then we had carrots too.




Sunday we started off the day on a tour and tasting at the e5 Bakehouse close to London Fields station.




Then in the evening we did a Dim Sum Cookery Class at London Cookery School.




So this week despite it being the holidays is crazy busy! Tonight I'm off to see Heaton Blumenthal give a talk at the V&A. Tomorrow, I am meeting a friend for lunch in Soho, going to see Minions in the afternoon with a different friend and then going to the Private View of the Alice in Cartoonland Exhibition at the Cartoon Museum. Wednesday I'm off to see The Mentalists, Thursday I'm going to the Sky Garden and out for lunch and then Friday I have to take the cat to the V-E-T for her injections. At the weekend I'm going to Oundle Food Festival with my parents on Saturday and then out to Afternoon tea at The Fan Museum on Sunday. Can't complain though, I love being busy.

There features a lot of broad beans in this weeks menu plan. I picked all my broad beans off the plants and froze them, so I'm making a start on them.

Monday
Cold Collation
Leftover Dim Sum

Tuesday
Out with a friend
Something on the hoof

Wednesday
Buckwheat Noodles with Wakame and Ginger (River Cottage Light and Easy)
Okonomyaki with Korean Beef (Skinny Meals in Heels)

Thursday
Out for lunch with friends
Fish Rizo with Broad Beans (River Cottage Light and Easy)

Friday
Mexican Chicken Salad (GH Salad Days)
Spring Veg Sausage Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment