Monday 4 May 2015

Jamie's 15 Minute Meals: Mushroom Farfalle

One more Jamie's 15 Minute Meal. I really liked this pasta dish, I made a few changes to the original recipe because I didn't have some of the stuff the recipe called for so I used substitutes. I also left the mushrooms a little chunky ad I like them that way. There problems with the truffle oil bottle as well, I couldn't get the lid off so that had to be left out but I'll try it again with the truffle oil if I ever get the thing open! I also liked the cottage cheese, it added a creamy texture and the cuds weren't too obvious.

















Mushroom Farfalle (adapted from Jamie's 15 Minute Meals)
(Serves 4)

25g dried porcini mushrooms
oil
2-4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
250g mixed mushrooms
1 tsp dried thyme
320g dried farfalle
1 tsp truffle oil
1 lemon
½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
150g low-fat cottage cheese


Put the porcini into a mug and just cover with boiling water. Put 2 tbsp of olive oil into the large frying pan, squash in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher, sprinkle in the chilli flakes and tear in the mushrooms. Add in the thyme, then add the soaked porcini and toss and fry for a few minutes. Put the pasta into the large pan, cover with boiling salted water and cook according to packet instructions.

Tip the mushrooms into the processor and whizz until fairly smooth, then return to the pan and add 3 small ladles of pasta cooking water and the truffle oil, season to taste and simmer gently.

Drain the pasta, reserving a cupful of the starchy cooking water, then toss the pasta with the sauce, loosening with a splash of cooking water, if needed. Finely grate over the lemon zest, finely chop and add most of the top leafy half of the parsley along with the cottage cheese, then toss together and serve straight away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment