Monday 26 January 2015

Meal Planning Monday

Wow, ok so last week was a bit chaotic. I fainted in the shower on Monday morning and then developed some kind of tummy bug. So I ate almost nothing apart from toast and honey for the beginning half of last week, that poached egg on Wednesday evening was the best thing I have ever eaten and then the second half I just let my body have what it wanted and by Saturday I was ravenously hungry!

This week things are already going better, I managed to shower without falling over! I am still desperately tired and forgetful but I have finally made a decision to come off this medication. I was offered anti-depressants to mask the side effect of how I've been feeling but for me that's not the right way to go and I can't go on not feeling, well, like me. So although it'll take 8 weeks for the effects of the medication to go I know there is light at the end of tunnel. So please bear with me until then as blog updating may be a little erratic. I also don't seem to be able to remember to take photographs so although I have been doing a little bit of cooking I think I've remembered to photograph one dish!

I spent a bit of time in the garden on Saturday and pruned back my roses and just did some general tidying up. The week before last I also got an apple tree in the post! Very exciting! I did repot it last weekend into a bigger pot but it'll need a bigger pot yet. It's an Ashmead's Kernel and the only variety of apple I'll actually eat. My Mum has a mature one in her orchard and I can't get enough of the apples. I was so excited when I found one on a dwarf rootstock that I can grow in a pot. This is my new tree:



















So onto this week. I have a busy week ahead. I'm going to three theatre performances; Miss Saigon, Di and Viv and Rose and Islands and also going to pilates tonight, so that's four late nights so either I'm eating out or I'm eating things from the freezer that will cook without much effort. I am also meeting some friends for lunch on Saturday and we are going to have pizza at Arancina in Notting Hill close to where I work and then going for a wander around Portobello Road Market. I haven't got as far as Sunday yet!

















Monday
Lamb with Crunchy Veg in a Pitta Bread
Hot Dog and Greens Macaroni Cheese

Tuesday
Curried Lentil and Chard Soup with Homemade Bread
Out before the theatre

Wednesday
Celeriac, Apple and Chestnut Soup with Homemade Bread (River Cottage)
Out at Leon

Thursday
Tomato and Raclette Quiche with Salad
Pumpkin Prawn Curry and Rice

Friday
Spelt and Smoked Salmon Kedgeree (Waitrose Magazine)
Out before the theatre

Saturday
Out with friends for Pizza
Bread, Poached Egg and White Pudding

Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment