Monday 10 November 2014

Pumpkin and Goat's Cheese Pasta Sauce

This recipe came out of part of a leftover tin of pumpkin purée that I used for the snickerdoodles. I didn't have enough for pumpkin pie but I did have enough to have over some pasta. This was really delicious. I didn't think I liked pumpkin before but I'm discovering that I do! I've also got a recipe for a pumpkin pasta bake that I'm hoping to try out in the next few weeks.


Pumpkin and Goat's Cheese Pasta Sauce
(Serves1)

60g pasta
1 tsp oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
2 tbsp pumpkin purée
25g goats cheese
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
5-6 sage leaves, sliced thinly
pinch ground cinnamon
pinch ground ginger
pinch ground cloves
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.

Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 secs.

Add the yoghurt, pumpkin puree, goats cheese, parmesan, sage and pumpkin pie spice and simmer until the cheese has melted.

Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.

Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with a little more parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment