Friday 31 October 2014

Salami and Sesame Potato Salad

I made a few changes to the original recipe mostly because I knew I wanted to eat it cold rather than warm. My potatoes melted rather quickly but the salad was tasty, kind of bog standard for what I make normally with the lemon mayonnaise but the salami was a bit different and I had really good garlicy salami.


Salami and Sesame Potato Salad (froim The Good Food Channel)
(Serves 4)

800g waxy new potatoes, cut into even sized pieces
4 tbsp mayonnaise
juice 1 lemon
150g salami, thinly sliced
small bunch of dill, chopped
salad leaves
2 tbsp seeds

Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil, then cook until tender. Drain and set aside.

Heat a frying pan to medium heat, add the sesame seeds and toast for about 6–8 mins, until golden. Set aside.

Mix together the lemon, mayonnaise and dill together and season.

Arrange the salad leaves in a serving bowl, toss the potatoes and salami with half of the lemon mayonnaise and pile on top of the lettuce. Scatter with the sesame seeds serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment