Sunday 27 July 2014

Walrus and Otter - Brazilian Supper Club

Last night I took a trip across London to Hampstead for a really enjoyable evening at a Brazilian themed supper club. It was run by a friend I went to school with and her boyfriend and was the first supper club I have been to. It really appealed as I love trying new foods and very rarely eat Brazilian, but also I don't get cooked for very often, I cook for myself all the time and eat out at restaurants but it's nice to have a home cooked meal cooked by someone else. It was a very relaxed evening and was fab to meet lots of new people. The food was really delicious and I am tempted to try making the main course myself.



We started with canapés and a cocktail, which I didn't take a picture of, but included chargrilled courgette, mozzarella and tomato, prawn, mango and coconut cups and chicken rice balls. All were really tasty. The cocktail was served in decorated jam jars, which was a really lovely touch.

We then took our seats and started with Ceviche with a piece of chilli spiked corn on the cob.




It really was out of this world, packed full of really interesting flavours. We then had a palate cleanser of caipirinha sorbet on a lovely painted Brazillian spoon!




 For our main course we had Chicken Bobo with Rainbow Rice and Cabbage.




The chicken stew was served in a banana leaf and was just so good and the rice was incredibly tasty. It was lovely to have a dish with coconut milk that isn't Thai!

For pudding we had a Fruit Tart with Creme Patissiere and a Coconut and Rum Ice Cream.


Both were fab and I was especially surprised by the ice cream as I'm not a huge fan of coconut, but this was truly delicious. The meal was finished off with coffee and chocolates.

I had a really lovely evening and I'm really looking forward to trying out more supper clubs as I love the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment