Monday 26 May 2014

Rhubarb Pudding

I really loved this pudding. I love anything that is fruit and cake batter! My Father compained there wasn't enough rhubarb but I had lots in my portion. The tartness of rhubarb also cut through the sweetness of the batter really well.
















Rhubarb Pudding (from Beauty and Lace)
(Serves 6)

750g rhubarb, sliced into 1cm pieces
220g caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
125g self-raising flour

Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease an oven proof dish.

Toss the rhubarb with half the caster sugar and scatter in the base of the baking dish.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition, until smooth.

Fold in the vanilla and flour gently with a metal spoon, then pour the batter over the rhubarb.

Bake for 45 mins until golden. Serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment