Tuesday 8 April 2014

Honey and Soy Mackerel

I had some pretty fantastic meals last week, this being one of the best. I love mackerel, I *LOVE* mackerel, it has to be one of my favourite fish. This was a lovely Chinese style mackerel dish, really simple but very flavourful.I servied it with sesame stir fry veg.
















Honey and Soy Mackerel
(Serves 1)

1 whole mackerel, gutted and cleaned
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp clear honey
1 knob stem ginger, finely chopped
juice 1 lime

Slash the fish 3 times on each side, cutting right down to the bone. Mix the soy, honey, stem ginger and lim juice. Rub all over the fish and well into the slashes. Lay on a foil lined baking tray and set aside for 20 mins.

Preheat the grill and grill the fish for 5-6 mins on each side. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment